Cliffhanger is the seventh episode of Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series.
Yugi doesn't stand a ghost of a chance against his next opponent!
Yugi Muto is challenged to a duel by Seto Kaiba's ghost which is orchestrated by Kemo in exchange for the freedom of Mokuba Kaiba. Ghost Kaiba attempts to prove he is real by showing monsters Kaiba would have played. Yami Yugi, Joey Wheeler, and Tea Gardner don't believe it, but Tristan Taylor does because of his stupidity. Meanwhile, Kaiba is in a forest and infiltrates his secret lair, where he uses his computer to hack onto one of Maximillion Pegasus' satellites and help Yugi win the duel against the fake Kaiba.
Eventually, the Ghost Kaiba is revealed to be nothing other than an ugly, fat, gay clown. The clown then tries to tell Yugi that he is Kaiba's evil side brought back from the Shadow Realm by Pegasus, but Yami calls it even less believable than the ghost story. Yami then mind-crushes the clown and wins the duel, but finds that he killed him too. Eventually, they learn that Kemo has escaped with Mokuba, but no one cares.
- The computer tells Kaiba that he really does need to get laid, a reference to the first episode and a running gag throughout the series.
- This episode mocks the 4Kids versions of the series that added a subplot of the Mimic of Doom being Kaiba's evil side revived by Pegasus. In the original version, he just claimed to be Kaiba's ghost until his disguise was revealed.
- The opening scene is a parody of the standard soap opera practice of recapping the previous episode, complete with many standard soap opera cliché plot twists.
- Kaiba's line "into the Kaiba-cave" is a reference to the Batman TV show. The show's theme plays in that scene and during the ending credits.
- The stinger is from Futurama.