Duel of Fates is the fifteenth episode of Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series.
Mai is challenged to a duel by none other than... Téa?
- Bakura asking Téa "Aren't you forgetting someone?" is due to the fact that, in her previous line (verbatim from the 4Kids dub), she totally forgot to mention him as one of her friends.
- This episode features many Star Wars references (which Tristan mistakes for Star Trek ones):
- The episode name comes from one of the tracks in the Phantom Menace soundtrack
- The opening crawl at the beginning
- Mai's line about a "wretched hive of scum and villainy"
- The "I need to see your identification" dialogue
- Kaiba's line when he first talks to Pegasus is from Darth Vader's duel with Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Bakura saying "That's no toon, it's a space station" is a reference to Obi Wan's "That's no moon" line
- Kaiba's "Help me Mokuba. You're my only hope" line and Mokuba's "use the Force" reply
- The scene after the credits between Kemo and Tristan, where Kemo says his hair is Tristan's father.
- Téa's painfully adorable cards include a Puchu (from Excel Saga), Mumble (from Happy Feet), Bubbles (from The Powerpuff Girls) and Jigglypuff (from Pokémon).
- When Joey tells Tristan "Do you wanna go back in the box", it could be a reference to the cartoon "Recess" , more precisely episode number 17, "The Box".
- Téa's line "Victory is mine" is a quote from Stewie from Family Guy.
- Téa's line "Me love you, long time" is a quote from Full Metal Jacket.
- The ending song is from the Looney Tunes cartoons.