"It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Virtual World" is the fifty-sixth episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series and the tenth episode of the third season.
"Pharaoh Fighter" animated by Kirbopher
Thank you for supporting me throughout this entire series. Means more to me than you guys know. Expect more episodes in the future!
Cultural references Edit
- The title of the episode is based on a 1963 film, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
- Gozaburo's link to the virtual world repeatedly lags because KaibaCorp's online network uses dial-up internet access.
- The voices for the robots are taken from the video game Portal.
- Melvin sings a parody of "Anvil Chorus".
- After destroying the robots, Melvin imitates the vocalizations of the Looney Tunes Roadrunner character.
- "Pharaoh Fighter", the game Mokuba plays in the arcade, is a parody of Street Fighter II.
- Yugi's dialogue as he and Kaiba are about to jump into the portal is from the Disney adaptation of Aladdin.
- Michael Andrews's cover of "Mad World", also used in the previous episode, plays again when Noah says goodbye to Mokuba, and yet again as the party reflects on the end of 4Kids.
- 4Kids' demise parallels the real world 4Kids selling the US rights of Yu-Gi-Oh to Konami after a severe lawsuit, which led to bankruptcy and closure.
- "Good night sweet dubbing company, and a flight of Winged Kuribohs sing thee to thy rest." is a play on a line from Hamlet, Prince of Denmark.
- The stinger audio is from the audiobook version of Go the Fuck to Sleep.