Only Kaiba could take control of an entire city, putting hundreds of people out of business in the process, and all in aid of a card game tournament.
What a guy.
As Yami learns of his origins as an Ancient Egyptian Pharaoh, Kaiba undertakes a potentially deadly videogame tutorial with the promise of confectionary delights as his only reward. Friendships are tested, blood is spilled, and cards are set in face-up position. Here we go again.
- The episode title references the song Mo Money Mo Problems.
- The opening of this episode is a reference to the old Mario TV show.
- The duel robot mentions Aperture Science and a promise of cake, which references the dialogue of GLaDOS, the AI in the computer game Portal.
- Kaiba's "The cake is a lie" line is a popular meme from the same game.
- Yami swears in the name of Falco, and later, his song Rock Me Amadeus.
- However, he was actually an Austrian musician, and not a "German alternative rockgroup" as Yami states.