Seto Kaiba vs. The World is the fifty-second episode of Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series and the sixth episode of Season 3.
- This episode was Musical Mike's debut in YGO Abridged as the Businessman.
- Joey's reference to Tristan and the scissors is a callback to "The Plot Thinnens".
- The dialogue between Joey and Yugi about whether or not Tristan's motorcycle is a Honda is a reference to Tristan's Japanese name, Hiroto Honda.
- Tristan says "That's my line, you thieving robot jerk!" because "The irony!" was a line he used himself in "Lord of the Cards".
- The episode title, as well as Kaiba calling Lecter one of "Noah's seven evil ex-boyfriends", references Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.
- The cards in the beginning sequence are:
- Yugi's line "Joey, use tackle" and Joey proceeding to attack while repeating his name are references to Pokémon battles.
- The song Kaiba is singing on the motorcycle, as well as the song over the end logo is "You're Not Me" by Marty Bags from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Movie OST.
- The first song playing in Bandit Keith's bar is "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey, while the second song is "America" by Neil Diamond.
- Mokuba asks if he can watch SpongeBob SquarePants.
- The gang sings Tristan's parody of the American folk song "99 Bottles of Beer" from Episode 41.
- Kaiba's "To-Do List" when he runs KaibaCorp parodies "Like A Boss" by The Lonely Island.
- Mokuba suggests that Seto buy 51% of Disney's stock.
- Kaiba visits the CEO of DreamWorks, who claims his company rips off Pixar's animated films.
- The DreamWorks Executive has posters for the movies Kung-Fu Panda, Megamind, and Shrek the Third in his office.
- Leichter's last line is a direct quote from the 4kids' dub.
- Kaiba's final quote references Charlie Sheen.
- The song Joey is singing during LittleKuriboh's credit is based on Nyan Cat.
- Nezbitt's line "The circle is now complete..." paraphrases a quote from Darth Vader in Star Wars, when he was battling Obi-Wan Kenobi on the Death Star.
- When grabbing the pipe to fight off Evil Tristan, Kaiba says "Grabbing a pipe", referencing the Left for Dead series.