The Dead Or Alive series could use one of those.
- The music in the opening scene is "Corneria" from Star Fox.
- Yugi compares his surroundings to the cult film Tron.
- The song that plays during the musical sequence in Téa's dream is "Breaking Free" from High School Musical. Yugi refers to the musical as the "most poorly conceived musical since Pokémon Live!"
- "Come with me if you want to live" is a famous line from the film The Terminator.
- The penguin attempting to communicate with Téa using subtitles is a possible reference to the Futurama episode "The Birdbot of Ice-Catraz".
- Téa asks to see Mumble from Happy Feet, calling him "that one penguin who's voiced by Elijah Wood".
- The background music that plays when Serenity is being chased by the "Mad Sword Beast" is from the stampede scene in The Lion King.
- "This is for killing Littlefoot's mom!" refers to the events of the hit animated film The Land Before Time.
- After Tristan emerges from the river, the music and stylization of his name mimics Hugo Stiglitz's music from Inglourious Basterds.
- The narration by Morgan Freeman is a reference to how he narrated the English version of the film March of the Penguins.
- Morgan Freeman mentions the events of the film Seven.
- The background music that plays while Morgan Freeman narrates the penguins' life is "God Particle" from the movie soundtrack Angels & Demons.
- Crump claims Téa's bra size is F. This is a possible reference to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! dub in which 4Kids attempts (unsuccessfully) to make her abnormally large bust smaller in the animation.
- Téa makes a play on the popular expression "It is on like Donkey Kong".
- The door with four stars has the Team Four Star logo over it.
- Yami dismisses the door puzzle as "a rejected puzzle from a Professor Layton game".
- The song that plays when Téa summons Dark Magician Girl is Kesha's "Tik Tok".
- The music playing during the end credits is "Walk the Dinosaur" by Was (Not Was).
- The stinger audio is from The Room.