Apparently one side-effect of inbreeding is the development of fake psychic powers.
While Tristan attempts to get to first base with Serenity, Joey duels an extremely loud character named Espa Roba whose entire family both look and sound exactly like him for no adequately explored reason. Apparently psychic powers are a byproduct of inbreeding. Episode is also available to watch at DuelTube.com! (Sadly, not a real website)
- The exchange between Joey and Rex where Joey says he took the Red-Eyes Black Dragon from Rex, but Rex doesn't remember it, is a reference to their duel in "The Plot Thinnens". Joey did win that card in the original series, but that wasn't mentioned in the abridged version.
- Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha from Vegeta 3986 and MasakoX's Naruto The Abridged Series make a special guest appearance.
- The Tristan x Serenity AMV was also uploaded to LittleKuriboh's YouTube account at the time. It was reuploaded here.
- The ending bit is a spoof of how LittleKuriboh actually proposed to his wife Abigail ("Safty") on the internet.
- The episode title is a reference to the Super Mario Bros. game series.
- Joey's line "Nyeh, what's up Rex?" is a reference to the Bugs Bunny line: "Nyeh, what's up doc?"
- Rex calls Espa Roba "Charlie Brown" in reference to the zigzag pattern sweater he wears, similar to the design on Charlie Brown’s sweater.
- Wally appears during the episode, at 2:56.
- The Thwomp and "Epic Mokuba Manouevre" are references to fads originating from YTMND.
- The music that's played during the EPIC MOKUBA MANOEUVRE is part of Ghost Love Score by Nightwish.
- Miss Cleo was a television infomercial pitchwoman for the Psychic Readers Network.
- Tristan’s AMV is set to I Swear by B3 (originally done by All-4-One.)
- Peanut Butter Jelly Time was recorded by DJ Chipman of the Buckwheat Boyz.
- Joey makes a reference to the song You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) when talking about the Roulette Spider.
- The stinger comes from the late Senator Robert Byrd’s (Democrat West Virginia) speech on dog fighting.