The episode picks up just after Yami Yugi/Atem/The Pharaoh loses Yugi. He grieves in a valley with Téa, an old man with a stick named Ironheart, and Ironheart's granddaughter, Kris. Dartz uses Yami Yugi's vulnerability to plan an attack using the Orichalcos, which can make terrifying apparitions appear in the valley.
The creature of the Orichalcos attacks Yami Yugi without regard to the rules of Duel Monsters. Ironheart and Kris attempt to help Yami Yugi, earning the wrath of Dartz.
Yami Yugi wins the duel with the Orichalcos monster and reveals that Ironheart and Sky were spirits trapped in the valley.
It's a good thing I played all that YouTuber's life.
Special thanks to Krosecz for editing this episode!
Lady_Nanaki as Kris
PATREON – https://www.patreon.com/littlekuriboh
- The title is a pun of DragonForce's song, Valley of the Damned.
- The opening sequence is based on the "Previously" segment of Arrested Development (Joey narrates here).
- The description and a few characters reference one of Jaden Yuki's (ShadyVox's) lines in the Bonds Beyond Time Abridged movie.
- The same line was also referenced in an episode of ShadyVox's GX Abridged, again said by Jaden.
- Joey points out that the Sun rises to Tristan, in an homage to a season 1 joke.
- Yami Yugi/Atem mocks the Orichalcos monster about being adopted, but it doesn't work as well on the monster as it does on Seto Kaiba.
- The Celtic Guardian (otherwise known as Dave) makes a brief appearance.
- The idea of spirits being trapped in a valley until a battle releases them is unusually similar to a plot point in the Legend of Zelda game "Majora's Mask." Though many video game references are made in the video, "Majora's Mask" is not directly referenced.
- Yami Yugi/Atem makes a number of ridiculous Egyptian-themed declarations during this episode, including:
- By the butt cleavage of Osiris!
- By the holy tank top of Tutankhamen!
- There is an editing glitch from 5:42-5:48 where Téa's lip flaps move with Ironheart's even though she has nothing to say during this scene.
- There were two references about the new Link Summoning technique in Yu-Gi-Oh!: Vrains.
- "I knew Link Summoning would ruin this game!" - Yami Yugi
- [link summoning is the reason why this show takes too long to make]