We Interrupt This Broadcast is the seventeenth episode of Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series. It summarizes 6 episodes of the original series, more than any other episode of The Abridged Series so far.
Ah, the Card Game Channel. The only station you'd be more ashamed to watch than the pay-per-view Porn channels.
Everyone's battling for a spot in the final round of Duelist Kingdom, but who will make it through? Surely it would NEVER be Yugi, that would be way too obvious...
- The "last time on Yu-Gi-Oh" in the opening is from the actual 4Kids dub, spoken by the real Dan Green.
- The announcer's list of Mai's duels is incomplete: she has apparently won at least two card games, though offscreen: Once against Rex Raptor, and once against a man in a bee costume, right before her on-screen duel.
- The TV scenes included in the opening montage include the actual opening from the English version of the Yu-Gi-Oh anime, an old commercial for a Black & Decker iron, a clip from Top Gear, a part of a commercial for Remington shavers ("I was so impressed, I bought the company"), and a clip from Space Ghost.
- The background song of the insurance commercial is "Fake Wings" from .hack//Sign.
- The music that plays during the Zorc and Pals advertisement is "Dearly Beloved" the title theme from the Kingdom Hearts series.
- Yami's line "Say hello to my little friend" is from Scarface.
- The KaibaCorp commercial is in the same style as the MasterCard commercials.
- The Marik stinger is a parody of Futurama's Hypnotoad character.