Yami of Darkness is the twenty-third episode of Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series and the first episode of Season 2.
Yugi's puzzle is stolen when the very force of evil itself tries to take over the world.
Cultural References Edit
- "Don't cha wish your card games were fun like mine?" is a reference to the song Don't Cha.
- Téa likens Yugi and his chain to Mr. T.
- "This one time, at Duel Camp" is a reference to the movie American Pie.
- "I'm here to kick ass and drink cups of tea..." is a play on a line from They Live.
- Téa quotes lyrics from the song We Didn't Start the Fire.
- The dialog about taking over the world is a reference to the animated television series Pinky and the Brain.
- The title is a pun on Army of Darkness, a movie which is quoted in the stinger. Another pun is given by the fact that in Japanese "Yami" means "darkness".
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.